Fort Wayne Police Department news release regarding a death investigation.
Date: April 25, 2021
Time: 5:06 am
Location: Lake and Coliseum Boulevard
Victim(s): Information will be released by Coroners office
On April 25, 2021 shortly after 5:00 am an officer of the Fort Wayne Police Department observed a suspicious vehicle in the area of Lake and Coliseum. The officer attempted to stop the vehicle at which time the vehicle sped away and a short pursuit began.
A short time later the pursuit was terminated by the officer due to the speed and unsafe conditions.
Officers were advised that there was an accident being reported in the area of Lake and Anthony Boulevards and the description of the possible vehicle involved was the same as that of the vehicle that was involved in the pursuit.
Officers arrived on scene at the accident and located a vehicle in the rear of a home on Forest Park Blvd that had crashed through the rear fences.
Officers began checking the vehicle for any victims and did locate a victim inside the vehicle that was pronounced deceased on scene.
Investigators and Crime Scene Technicians were called to the scene to investigate the accident
The Identity of the victim will be released at a later time by the Allen County Coroner’s Office.
This incident is being investigated by the Fort Wayne Police Department, Allen County Coroner’s Office, and the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office.
- Silver Alert: Shane Van Nugyen – 24th April 2021
- FWPD: Death Investigation – 25th April 2021
- FWPD Update: Death Investigation – 25th April 2021
- Coroner: 2021 12th Allen County Homicide – 26th April 2021
- FWPD: Arrests in 12th Allen County Homicide – 26th April 2021
- Shane Van Nguyen Silver Alert canceled – 27th April 2021
- List of the 2021 Allen County Homicides
- FWPD incident reports
- The Fort Wayne Police Department website