Indiana State Police update on the barricaded subject on Wayne Street in Fort Wayne Indiana on South Wayne Avenue.
Fort Wayne, Indiana (April 25, 2021) – The suspect involved in the April 15th armed barricade situation on South Wayne Avenue, has been identified as Jose Gallegos Cruz, 26, of Fort Wayne, IN. Since his surrender during barricade situation, Cruz had been held in a local area hospital for medical evaluation.
On Tuesday April 20th, Cruz was released from medical care, at which time he was served an arrest warrant by Fort Wayne Police Department officers based on charges stemming from the ICAC Task Force investigation, submitted and approved by the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office.
Cruz was taken to the Allen County jail where he was booked into custody on the following charges:
- Dissemination of Child Pornography, Level 5 Felony
- Possession of Child Pornography (Under 12 years of age), Level 5 Felony
- Possession of Child Pornography, Level 6 Felony
There is no further information to release at this time.
*All criminal suspects are to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- ISP: Barricaded Subject, South Wayne Avenue – 15th April 2021
- ISP Update: Barricaded Subject, South Wayne Avenue – 25th April 2021