The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Fort Wayne, Indiana, to be in effect from January 30, 07:00 PM EST until January 31, 07:00 PM EST:
This post contains outdated information.
Webmaster’s note: Visit the official National Weather Service Northern Indiana website for the latest weather updates.
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Northern Indiana
329 AM EST Sat Jan 30 2021
La Porte-Starke-Pulaski-Marshall-Fulton IN-Kosciusko-Whitley-Allen IN-White-Cass IN-Miami-Wabash-Huntington-Wells-Adams-Grant-
Blackford-Jay-Paulding-Putnam-Van Wert-Allen OH-
Including the cities of Michigan City, La Porte, Knox, North Judson, Bass Lake, Winamac, Francesville, Medaryville, Plymouth, Bremen, Culver, Rochester, Akron, Warsaw, Winona Lake, Syracuse, Mentone, Columbia City, Tri-Lakes, South Whitley, Fort Wayne, New Haven, Monticello, Monon, Brookston, Logansport, Royal Center, Peru, Grissom AFB, Mexico, Wabash, North Manchester, Huntington, Roanoke, Bluffton, Ossian, Decatur, Berne, Marion, Gas City, Upland, Hartford City, Montpelier, Portland, Dunkirk, Paulding, Antwerp, Payne, Ottawa, Leipsic, Columbus Grove, Continental, Pandora, Van Wert, Ohio City, Lima, and Spencerville
329 AM EST Sat Jan 30 2021 /229 AM CST Sat Jan 30 2021/
…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ THIS EVENING TO 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ SUNDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy snow. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches.
* WHERE…Portions of northern Indiana and northwest Ohio.
* WHEN…From 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ this evening to 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Travel will be very difficult.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- Winter Storm Warning issued
- NWS: 6 to 8+ inches of snow expected
- Winter Storm Warning info
- INDOT issues full call-out of snowplows
- City prepared for forecasted snowfall
- NWS: Winter weather safety kit
- NWS: Join our volunteer weather observers
- The National Weather Service’s official website