News release from the NBA Development League:
2015 NBA D-League Showcase presented by Samsung tips off January 15th
18-Game Slate Features First-Ever Showcase Cup
NEW YORK (January 5, 2015) – The 2015 NBA D-League Showcase presented by Samsung tips off with a four-game slate on Thursday, Jan. 15 when the Texas Legends and Bakersfield Jam face off in a Showcase Cup game at 1 p.m. ET. The Austin Spurs and Grand Rapids Drive tip off at 3:45 p.m. ET while the first-seeded Maine Red Claws play the Sioux Falls Skyforce at 6:30 p.m. ET. The host Santa Cruz Warriors face off against the Canton Charge at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday to close the first day of action.
The five-day event at the Kaiser Permanente Arena in Santa Cruz continues with four games apiece on Jan. 16-18 and culminates in a three-game schedule on Monday, Jan. 19. Each of the NBA D-League’s 18 teams will play two games apiece during the 2015 NBA D-League Showcase, with eight teams competing for the inaugural Showcase Cup, a bracketed in-season tournament. Teams qualified for the Cup by earning the NBA D-League’s best records through and including Jan. 1, 2015. All Showcase games, with the exception of the Championship Game on Monday, Jan. 19, count toward regular season records.
The league’s premiere in-season scouting event, the 2015 NBA D-League Showcase presented by Samsung affords players and coaches the opportunity to flaunt their skills in front of general managers and player personnel executives from all 30 NBA teams.
A 16-game NBA D-League Showcase Tournament Pass is available by calling 831-713-4400. Tickets for the Warriors’ two Cup games during the 2015 NBA D-League Showcase will be ticketed separately.
The full game schedule for the 2015 NBA D-League Showcase presented by Samsung is below and the full broadcast schedule will be announced at a later date.
2015 NBA D-LEAGUE SHOWCASE SCHEDULE
Thurs. Jan. 15:
- 1 p.m. ET – Texas vs. Bakersfield (Cup Game 1)
- 3:45 p.m. ET – Austin vs. Grand Rapids (Cup Game 2)
- 6:30 p.m. ET – Maine vs. Sioux Falls (Cup Game 3)
- 10 p.m. ET – Santa Cruz vs. Canton (Cup Game 4)
Fri. Jan. 16:
- 1 p.m. ET – Erie vs. Rio Grande Valley
- 3:45 p.m. ET – Fort Wayne vs. Los Angeles
- 6:30 p.m. ET – Delaware vs. Iowa
- 10 p.m. ET – Reno vs. Westchester
Sat. Jan. 17
- 1 p.m. ET – Oklahoma City vs. Idaho
- 3:45 p.m. ET – Cup Semi-Final A (Winner Cup Game 1 vs. Winner Cup Game 2)
- 6:30 p.m. ET – Cup Consolation B (Loser Cup Game 3 vs. Loser Cup Game 4)
- 10 p.m. ET – Cup Semi-Final B (Winner Cup Game 3 vs. Winner Cup Game 4)
Sun. Jan. 18
- 1 p.m. ET – Cup Consolation A (Loser Cup Game 1 vs. Loser Cup Game 2)
- 3:45 p.m. ET – Iowa vs. Erie
- 6:30 p.m. ET – Los Angeles vs. Delaware
- 10 p.m. ET – Rio Grande Valley vs. Reno
Mon. Jan. 19
- 1 p.m. ET – Cup Championship Game
- 3:45 p.m. ET – Westchester vs. Oklahoma City
- 6:30 p.m. ET – Idaho vs. Fort Wayne
About the NBA Development League
The NBA Development League is the NBA’s official minor league, preparing players, coaches, officials, trainers, and front-office staff for the NBA while acting as the league’s research and development laboratory. Featuring 18 teams with direct affiliations with NBA franchise for the 2014-15 season, the league offers elite professional basketball at an affordable price in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. One-third of all NBA players at the end of the 2013-14 season boasted NBA D-League experience. In fostering the league’s connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA D-League Cares programs.