News release from the City of Fort Wayne:
Seventeen additional Blue Star Banners to be installed
(August 28, 2014) – Mayor Tom Henry today welcomed families of 17 deployed service members to his office. The family members visited the Mayor’s office to view the Blue Star Banners that will be placed along West Jefferson Boulevard in the coming days.
The Blue Star Banner program started in May and recognizes City of Fort Wayne residents and City government employees who are actively deployed. Today’s announcement of 17 additional banners brings the total number of banners to 31.
The banners that will be placed honor:
- Second Lieutenant Ross E. Allen, United States Marine Corps
- Lance Corporal Daishaun T. Butler, United States Marine Corps
- Petty Officer Third Class Katelyn E. Butler, United States Navy
- Master Sergeant Jeffrey Alan Hite, United States Air Force
- Specialist Blakeley Hollinger, United States Army
- Specialist Nolan Michalski, United States Army
- Corporal Andrew Mruk, United States Army
- Second Lieutenant Miles North, United States Army
- Private First Class Brandon M. Parrish, United States Navy
- Specialist Christopher Russell, United States Army
- Specialist Adrian J. Sewell, United States Army
- Specialist Jarone Shaw, United States Army
- Sergeant T.J. Stotlar, United States Army
- Airman First Class Eric J. Stuckey, United States Air Force
- Major Jeffrey I. Studebaker, United States Marine Corps
- Specialist Dalton R. Warren, United States Army
- Sergeant N. Alex Wooten, United States Army
Family and friends of deployed military personnel are encouraged to complete an application at https://cityoffortwayne.org/city-of-fort-wayne-blue-star-banner-program.html. Once the applications are reviewed, banners will be made and displayed on light poles along West Jefferson Boulevard from the Time Corners area to Swinney Park. Banners will be displayed through November and then removed during the winter months. Banners will be displayed each April-November.
Individuals or companies interested in making a donation to the Blue Star Banner program by being a sponsor may contact Karen Richards, Mayor’s Office, (260) 427-2146 and.