Today, City of Fort Wayne crews installed 16 banners along West Jefferson Boulevard as part of the Blue Star Banner program.
Sixteen additional Blue Star Banners installed
Fort Wayne, Indiana (July 1, 2014) – City crews today installed 16 banners along West Jefferson Boulevard as part of the Blue Star Banner program, which recognizes City of Fort Wayne residents and City government employees who are actively deployed.
The banners that were placed today honor:
- Staff Sergeant Allissa C. Barnhorst, United States Army Reserve and Fort Wayne Police Department
- Staff Sergeant Mark Barnhorst, United States Army Reserve
- Technical Sergeant Jeremy Chandler, United States Air Force Reserve
- Lance Corporal Austin G. Dunakin, United State Marine Corps
- Staff Sergeant Benjamin H. Fischer, United States Army
- Lieutenant Junior Grade Christopher T. Gerber, United States Navy
- Master Sergeant Annette L. Graham, United State Air Force
- Staff Sergeant Cody Gull, United States Army
- Lance Corporal Gabriel Jacobson, United States Marine Corps
- Second Lieutenant Cody Miller, United States Army
- Gunner Mate Jacob Miller, United States Navy
- Second Class Petty Officer Mark Miller II, United States Navy
- Sergeant Michael Mitchell, United States Marine Corps
- Lance Corporal David Grames Sanchez, United States Marine Corps
- Private First Class Austin P. Vorndran, United States Army
- First Lieutenant Benedict Frank Zilka III, United States Army
Mayor Tom Henry announced the program in May when the first banner was placed in honor of Command Sergeant Major Brian Kiess, who is an actively deployed member of the United States Army Reserve and works in the City’s Division of Public Works.
Family and friends of deployed military personnel are encouraged to complete an application at https://cityoffortwayne.org/city-of-fort-wayne-blue-star-banner-program.html. Once the applications are reviewed, banners will be made and displayed on light poles along West Jefferson Boulevard from the Time Corners area to Swinney Park. Banners will be displayed through November and then removed during the winter months. Banners will be displayed each April-November.
Individuals or companies interested in making a donation to the Blue Star Banner program by being a sponsor may contact Karen Richard, Mayor’s Office, (260) 427-2146 and firstname.lastname@example.org.