In coordination with the ISDH and local partners, the ACDH is happy to announce the opening of a state-run COVID-19 testing and vaccination site to provide another option for residents to secure needed tests and shots.
Allen County Department of Health news release:
New temporary COVID-19 testing and vaccination site to open
Fort Wayne, Indiana (January 18, 2022) – In coordination with the Indiana Department of Health and local partners, the Allen County Department of Health is happy to announce the opening of a state-run COVID-19 testing and vaccination site to provide another option for residents to secure needed tests and shots.
The site at 3816 New Vision Drive – north of Dupont Road and west of Diebold Road – will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays starting tomorrow through Jan. 22 and from Jan. 26 through Jan. 29. The two-week clinic will end at the close of business Jan. 29, 2022.
We are grateful for local partners such as Parkview Health, which has generously provided space for the temporary site.
“Testing and vaccinations are among our strongest tools in the fight against COVID-19, and we’re thrilled to be partners in another effort to provide those tools to residents of Allen County,” Allen County Department of Health Administrator Mindy Waldron said.
The new site will offer rapid tests for those 18 and younger as well as symptomatic individuals age 50 and older while supplies last. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests will be available to anyone, regardless of age or symptoms.
Moderna and Pfizer vaccines – including Pfizer vaccines for children 5 and older – will be offered.
Walk-ins are welcome as space and supply allow, and appointments can be made by going to allencountyhealth.com and www.coronavirus.in.gov. Those visiting the testing and vaccination site should wear a mask and bring a photo ID, insurance card and vaccination cards, if applicable.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Crush COVID: Information for the use of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of COVID-19
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- COVID-19 Vaccine Waiting Room
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- v-safe after-vaccination health checker
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News