Today, the ISDH announced that any Hoosier aged 18 or older can now receive a booster dose of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines so long as they received their second dose at least six months ago.
Indiana State Department of Health news release:
Indiana offering COVID-19 vaccine boosters to Hoosiers aged 18 and older following FDA, CDC authorization
Indianapolis, Indiana (November 19, 2021) — The Indiana Department of Health announced today that any Hoosier aged 18 or older can now receive a booster dose of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines so long as they received their second dose at least six months ago.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday approved the administration of a booster dose of both vaccines for people aged 18 and older following the FDA’s decision to expand its Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for boosters. Previously, the FDA had approved a third dose for immunocompromised individuals and had allowed boosters for individuals who met certain criteria.
Individuals may still choose which COVID-19 vaccine to receive as a booster shot. Some people may prefer the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. Individuals who received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine are eligible for a booster two months or more after their initial dose.
Hoosiers aged 18 and older who want to obtain a booster dose should go to https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 211 for assistance finding a location.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Crush COVID: Information for the use of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of COVID-19
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- COVID-19 Vaccine Waiting Room
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- v-safe after-vaccination health checker
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News