Parkview Health has reopened its COVID-19 vaccine clinic at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation to offer booster shots to individuals who meet new guidelines from the CDC.
Parkview Health reopens Mirro Center vaccine clinic, offering COVID-19 booster shots to individuals who meet CDC guidelines
Fort Wayne, Indiana (September 27, 2021) – Parkview Health has reopened its COVID-19 vaccine clinic at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation to offer booster shots to individuals who meet new guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The new guidelines allow for millions of Americans who are at highest risk for COVID-19 to receive a Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) COVID-19 booster shot to help increase their protection. At this time, booster shots are not authorized for those who received the Moderna or Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccines.
The CDC recommends individuals in the below categories should receive a booster shot at least six months after their initial Pfizer vaccine series:
- People 65 years and older.
- Residents in long-term care settings.
- People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk of severe COVID-19.
The CDC recommends individuals in the below categories may receive a booster shot at least six months after their initial Pfizer vaccine series, based on their individual benefits and risks:
- People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk of severe COVID-19.
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting.
Eligible Hoosiers who want to obtain a booster dose can go to https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ and search for a site that has the Pfizer vaccine, which is designated by PVAX, or call 2-1-1 for assistance.
In anticipation of booster shot approval and the subsequent increase in demand, Parkview Health reopened its COVID-19 vaccine clinic at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation, 10622 Parkview Plaza Drive, Fort Wayne.
At this time, the clinic is scheduled to be open 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please note operating hours may change subject to demand. Appointments are strongly recommended and can be made by visiting https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or calling 211. Walk-ins are accepted but will be subject to availability.
When registering for a booster shot, individuals will be asked to attest they meet the guidelines for eligibility. It is also recommended that you bring your COVID-19 vaccination card to your appointment.
The Mirro Center clinic will also continue to offer the initial Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine series for those who have not yet been vaccinated. The vaccine is free and available to everyone ages 12 and older.
Additionally, a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine is available to moderately to severely immunocompromised people to improve their immune system’s response to their initial vaccine series. The third dose should be administered at least 28 days following the first two doses of the vaccine.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, visit https://www.parkview.com/patients-visitors/covid-19-vaccine.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources:
- Take the Winning Shot information sheet
- Take the Shot FAQ sheet from the Allen County Department of Health
- Home Care Isolation Guidances
- COVID-19 Employee Illness Recomendations
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Please click here for an updated county advisory map, hospitalizations and other information.
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Fort Wayne Community Schools information about student COVID-19 vaccine requirements
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Recipients of the COVID-19 vaccines should sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News