Free COVID-19 testing offered by the Allen County Department of Health will move to a new southwest location opening Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
Health Department Moving COVID-19 Testing Site Southwest
Fort Wayne, Indiana (September 22, 2021) – Free COVID-19 testing offered by the Allen County Department of Health will move to a new southwest location opening Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2021.
The free testing site will be located at 5750 Falls Drive in Fort Wayne and will still offer both the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and rapid antigen COVID-19 tests to anyone regardless of age or symptoms. The Department is partnering with Parkview Health at the new site, with the health system providing several staff members to assist with testing while demand is high.
“Access to free testing continues to be an important tool in managing the spread of COVID-19,” said Mindy Waldron, department administrator. “We are grateful to have found the space to provide this resource to our community and for the partnership with Parkview staff.”
The final day for testing at the Department’s current site at 1230 Ruston Pass is Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021.
New Site Details:
- 5750 Falls Dr., Fort Wayne, Ind. 46804
- Hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Appointments can be made any time at https://scheduling.coronavirus.in.gov/ or by calling 260-449-3303 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. An invitation code is not required to register online, and individuals should click the “I don’t have an Invitation Code” button to proceed with scheduling. Those seeking testing should schedule and complete all prompted registration steps before arriving at a site to avoid crowds and long wait times at the site.
A complete map of test sites across the state is available at https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2524.htm.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources:
- Take the Winning Shot information sheet
- Take the Shot FAQ sheet from the Allen County Department of Health
- Home Care Isolation Guidances
- COVID-19 Employee Illness Recomendations
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Please click here for an updated county advisory map, hospitalizations and other information.
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Fort Wayne Community Schools information about student COVID-19 vaccine requirements
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Recipients of the COVID-19 vaccines should sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News