COVID-19 update and COVID-19 vaccine updates from the Indiana State Department of Health:
July 27, 2021: ISDH updates COVID-19 case counts
Indianapolis, Indiana (July 27, 2021) — The Indiana Department of Health announced today that 1,085 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at state and private laboratories. That brings to 767,409 the number of Indiana residents now known to have had the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s dashboard.
To date, 13,552 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of 15 from the previous day. Another 428 probable deaths have been reported to date based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record.
A total of 3,657,554 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 3,654,650 on Monday. A total of 11,164,271 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26, 2020.
To find testing locations around the state, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov and click on the COVID-19 testing information link.
Please click here for an updated county advisory map, hospitalizations and other information.
COVID-19 vaccinations update:
As of today, a total of 5,840,826 doses have been administered in Indiana. This includes 2,910,108 first doses and 2,930,718 individuals who are fully vaccinated. The fully vaccinated number represents individuals who have received a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and those who received the single Janssen Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
Hoosiers age 12 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine only and can do so at one of more than 700 clinics around the state. Appointments are preferred but are not required. To find a location or to schedule a vaccine, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 2-1-1 if you do not have access to a computer or require assistance. Patients with an appointment at a state-hosted public vaccination site can get a free UBER ride. Call 2-1-1 or (866) 211-9966 to receive a voucher to cover the cost of an Uber ride to and from your vaccination appointments.
Mobile vaccination clinics are planned on the following schedule:
Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
Huntington County 4-H Fair
631 E. Taylor St., Huntington, IN 46750
Wednesday-Saturday, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.:
Pike County Fair
1213 W. State Road 56, Petersburg, IN 47567
Wednesday-Friday, 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, noon to 4 p.m.:
Indianapolis Colts Training Camp
19000 Grand Park Blvd., Westfield, IN 46074
Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
Westside Leadership Academy
9th Ave. and Gerry St., Gary, IN 46406
Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.:
430 Robert D. Orr Plaza, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Thursday-Saturday, noon to 9 p.m.:
Jasper County Fair
2671 W. Clark St., Rensselaer, IN 47978
Jackson County Fair
476 E. County Road 100 South, Brownstown, IN 47220
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
Saint Mary’s Church
311 N. New Jersey St., Indianapolis, IN 46204
Hoosiers interested in receiving a vaccine can obtain them without an appointment at participating clinics. To find vaccination sites, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 2-1-1 if you do not have access to a computer or require assistance.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources:
- Take the Winning Shot information sheet
- Take the Shot FAQ sheet from the Allen County Department of Health
- Home Care Isolation Guidances
- COVID-19 Employee Illness Recomendations
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Please click here for an updated county advisory map, hospitalizations and other information.
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Fort Wayne Community Schools information about student COVID-19 vaccine requirements
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Recipients of the COVID-19 vaccines should sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News