Super Shot is partnering with Fort Wayne Community Schools to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to students at Super Shot’s clinic at 1515 Hobson Road.
Super Shot Offers FWCS High School Students Chance at $500
Fort Wayne, Indiana (June 10, 2021) – Super Shot is partnering with Fort Wayne Community Schools to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to students at Super Shot’s clinic at 1515 Hobson Road. Students at North Side, Northrop, Snider, South Side and Wayne high schools who receive both doses of the vaccination by Aug. 6, 2021.
Students who receive both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at Super Shot by Aug. 6 will receive one entry to win. (The first dose must be administered by July 16, 2021, to meet the qualifying deadline.) Students receiving all other age-appropriate recommended immunizations at Super Shot by Aug. 6 are eligible for a second entry to win.
Students who received their COVID-19 vaccine at another location prior to June 11, 2021, may enter the drawing at https://supershot.org/. Entries must be submitted by Aug. 6, 2021.
“We want students to start the next school year protected from all vaccine-preventable diseases,” said Connie Heflin, Executive Director of Super Shot. “We are concerned because there has been a great downturn in adolescent immunizations over the past year, and we hope this will encourage families to make getting caught up on vaccines a priority. Super Shot is able to provide the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine as well as all recommended immunizations when a student comes to our clinic.”
One $500 prize will be awarded to a student at each FWCS high school (North Side, Northrop, Snider, South Side and Wayne). Winners will be announced at the start of the 2021-22 school year.
“We are committed to increasing access to health and wellness services for our students,” said Mary Hess, FWCS Director of Health and Wellness. “FWCS appreciates Super Shot’s partnership in ensuring all of our students have access to required vaccinations as well as the COVID-19 vaccine.”
Walk-ins are welcome at the Super Shot clinic, as are appointments. Appointments can be scheduled by calling (260) 424-7468 or at https://supershot.org/. Hours are Tuesday-Friday 2-6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Students must show a valid school ID, and those younger than 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult with valid identification. Insurance is not required, but if a student is covered, health insurance information must be provided.
About Fort Wayne Community Schools
With nearly 30,000 students, Fort Wayne Community Schools is one of the largest school districts in Indiana. FWCS proudly allows families to choose any of its 50 schools through its successful school-choice program creating diversity in each school, including some with more than 75 languages spoken. FWCS offers seven magnet schools focusing on areas such as science and math, communication, fine arts or Montessori at the elementary and middle school level. In high school, students can choose from the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, Project Lead the Way or New Tech Academy as well as other rigorous academic and specialty training programs.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Fort Wayne Community Schools information about student COVID-19 vaccine requirements
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Recipients of the COVID-19 vaccines should sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News