Allen County Department of Health announces the acceptance of walk-ins for COVID-19 vaccinations beginning Friday.
Health Department COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Accepting Walk-ins Beginning Friday
Fort Wayne, Indiana (April 28, 2021) – The health department will begin accepting walk-ins for COVID-19 vaccination appointments Friday.
Anyone eligible for the vaccine will be able to walk into the Department’s site at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave., during designated times to receive a shot.
Walk-ins will only be accepted on the following days and times:
- Wednesdays from 1-4 p.m.
- Thursdays from 2-5:30 p.m.
- Fridays from 1-4 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10-11:30 a.m.
Appointments are still encouraged and will be prioritized, so individuals walking into the clinic for shots should be prepared to wait. Vaccination appointments can be made at https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or by calling 2-1-1.
Accepted identification such as a driver’s license, state ID, military ID, birth certificate or passport is still required, and a parent or legal guardian must accompany anyone ages 16 or 17 for their vaccinations.
The Department is offering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to anyone 16-years-old or older, which requires two doses administered at least 21 days apart. Appointments will be scheduled for the second dose during the first vaccination.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Recipients of the COVID-19 vaccines should sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News