Allen County Department of Health news release asking for the public’s help in canceling COVID-19 vaccination appointments if not needed.
Health Department Asks for Help in Making More Vaccine Appointments Available
Fort Wayne, Indiana (April 2, 2021) – As eligibility has expanded and people are shopping around to find the soonest vaccine appointment, the Health Department is asking the public take one extra step by canceling unneeded spots so they can be opened to others.
Anyone with an appointment scheduled at the Department’s vaccine site at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum can call 260-449-7722 and leave a voicemail with their full name, date of birth, phone number, and the date and time of the appointment they need to cancel.
“We recognize many folks are looking to get vaccinated as soon as possible, so they may schedule an appointment to hold a spot but are then able to get into another site faster,” said Mindy Waldron, department administrator. “We’ve heard that some just don’t know how to cancel a previously made appointment, so we want to make it as easy as possible for them to make a quick call so we can open that spot up for someone else.”
As efforts continue to increase vaccination availability to more Allen County residents, the Department has seen an increase in clients not showing up for their scheduled appointments in recent weeks. While this does not result in wasted vaccine, it does tie up dozens of appointments on a daily basis that could have otherwise been made available to others wanting to be vaccinated.
Department staff are also able to assist with cancelling appointments made at other sites through the state’s Zotec registration system at https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ at the same number, or the public can call 2-1-1 for assistance.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News