COVID-19 update and COVID-19 vaccine updates from the Indiana State Department of Health:
March 19, 2021: ISDH updates COVID-19 case counts
Indianapolis, Indiana (March 19, 2021) — The Indiana Department of Health announced today that 878 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at state and private laboratories. That brings to 676,247 the number of Indiana residents now known to have had the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s dashboard.
A total of 12,510 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of 15 from the previous day. Another 412 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record.
To date, 3,205,024 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 3,199,074 on Thursday. A total of 8,592,072 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26, 2020.
To find testing locations around the state, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov and click on the COVID-19 testing information link.
COVID-19 vaccinations update:
As of today, a total of 2,304,727 doses have been administered in Indiana. This includes 1,389,008 first doses and 915,719 individuals who are fully vaccinated. The fully vaccinated number represents individuals who have received a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and those who received the single Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Hoosiers age 45 and older, along with healthcare workers, long-term care residents and first responders, are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. To schedule, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 2-1-1.
Additional locations and appointments are being added as more vaccine becomes available.
COVID-19 Web resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 guidance: