Fort Wayne, Indiana (March 14, 2021) – The Fort Wayne Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire in the 7100 block of Furlong Court on March 14, 2021, at 9:15 pm.
When the first units arrived on the scene, they found fire coming from a double-wide manufactured home. All occupants had self-evacuated. Firefighters performed a quick search with no occupants found inside the structure as the occupants had been alerted by a neighbor.
The fire was extinguished but not before extensive damage occurred to the front part of the home. Extensive salvage and overhaul was completed during and after the fire.
The investigation revealed the fire to be accidental resulting from the improper disposal of grilling ashes.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department was assisted by the Fort Wayne Police Department, the Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, the City of Fort Wayne Neighborhood Code Enforcement, NIPSCO, and Indiana Michigan Power. The residents were assisted by the American Red Cross.
This post is based on a news release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department.
More Fort Wayne Fire Department reports | FWFD website.