News release from the Northeastern Indiana Regional Coordinating Council (NIRCC):
Northeast Indiana Trail Branding and Wayfinding Public Meetings – Wednesday, October 12, 2016
- Kendallville Public Library from 10:30am-12:30pm
- Huntington City-Township Public Library from 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Parkview’s Mirro Center from 6:30pm-8:30pm
(September 30, 2016) – The Northeastern Indiana Regional Coordinating Council (NIRCC) would like to invite you to attend a public meeting to provide feedback on the Northeast Indiana Trail Branding and Wayfinding initiative. NIRCC contracted the consultant firm Merje to provide services that assist in preparing a comprehensive branding initiative for the regional trail system in Northeast Indiana. The regional trail system covers Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells and Whitley Counties, and the communities within. On Wednesday October 12, 2016 Merje will be traveling to our region for a third set of public meetings and will be presenting the results of their work. These results will include a proposed name, logo, and tagline for our 11 county regional trail system brand as well as a name and logo for the state priority trail which will eventually connect Ouabache State Park near Bluffton, IN to Pokagon State Park near Angola, IN. During these public meetings Merje will also be presenting several options for sign template designs. Merje has several sign templates displaying signage that ranges from mile marker posts and wayfinding signs all the way to trailhead kiosks. These sign templates will include the new proposed regional trail logo along with other elements of its design. Merje will use feedback from these meetings to finalize these sign designs and templates that will be used throughout our regional trail system.
There will be three public meetings available for you to attend for participating in this process. Each meeting will present the same information so choose whichever meeting is the most convenient for you.
- The first meeting will take place at the Kendallville Public Library (221 S Park Ave, Kendallville, IN 46755) from 10:30am-12:30pm on October 12, 2016.
- The second meeting will take place at the Huntington City-Township Public Library (255 W Park Dr, Huntington, IN 46750) from 2:30pm-4:30pm on October 12, 2016.
- The third meeting will take place at Parkview’s Mirro Center in conference room C (10622 Parkview Plaza Dr) from 6:30pm-8:30pm on October 12, 2016.
Feel free to pass this invitation along to whoever you think would like to participate in this process. Come represent your Northeast Indiana community!