News release from Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control:
Find “The One” in time for Valentine’s Day
(February 11, 2016) – Set realistic #RelationshipGoals (courtesy of…Best Friends No More Homeless Pets Network partnerÂ©) this year and adopt a pet! Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control (FWACC) is joining Best Friends Animal Society’s and hundreds of shelters nationwide for a Valentine’s Campaign, “The One”.
For ONE DAY only, Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control will be offering $14 dog adoptions for you to adopt “The One” in time for Valentine’s Day. Any dog 6 months of age or older will be available for a $14 adoption fee one day only, Friday, February 12! The Adoption fee includes the first distemper series vaccine, microchip, spay/neuter surgery, and a small bag of food to get you started!
Spokesperson for Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control, Jodi Hamilton said, “This is a wonderful opportunity for people who have been thinking about adopting, to make the decision to come in and meet our available pets! Staff and volunteers will be on hand to help each available pet find a new loving family during this day-long event.”
Cat and kitten adoption fees remain “Name your own Price” while puppies 5 months of age and younger will remain $100.
Reasons why your #RelationshipGoals should include adoption (your welcome!)
- Hanging with a pet will give pleasant new meaning to Netflix and chill.
- Adopting a pet will help you overcome that fear of commitment.
- You’ll always have someone there to kiss you good morning, even before you brush your teeth.
- Walking a cat on a harness and leash is a guaranteed attention-getter.
- Chances are your pet will love to snuggle as much as you do, if not more.
- Your new canine companion will give you a valid reason to hang out and meet people at the dog park.
- More than 63 percent of people consider pets to be members of the family (according to the AVMA). So no matter what the configuration of a family unit, pets are a perfect source of love and companionship
- A pet will help you get accustomed to 24/7 adoration and unconditional love.
- An adopted pet can help you become less self-centered, as you learn to put another’s needs before your own.
- If you’re looking for love, but are freaked out by forever, check with Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control about volunteering!
FWACC is an active partner in Best Friends No More Homeless Pets Network which offers support to animal rescue groups that save lives in their community.
Come join the fun and help our furry friends find a new home. Animal Care & Control is located at 3020 Hillegas Rd and open for adoptions on Friday, February 12, noon – 5:30 P.M., taking their last â€˜meet n greet’ for a new pet at 5 P.M.