News release from the Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Fort Wayne:
Vintage Memories Market, a fundraiser to benefit the Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Fort Wayne
VIP Preview Sale – Friday, February 26
Public Sale – Saturday, February 27
(January 27, 2016) – The Vintage Memories Market, a fundraiser to benefit the Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Fort Wayne will be at Pine Valley Country Club, 10900 Pine Mills Road on Friday, February 26 and Saturday, February 27.
The VIP Preview Sale will be Friday, February 26 from 4-8 pm and is $5 at the door (donation to the Alzheimer’s Association) which includes a wine/cheese reception. The Public Sale will be Saturday, February 27 from 8 am – 4 pm and is free to the public. Items for sale will be vintage, antique and repurposed items including jewelry, clothing, furniture, dolls, household dÃ©cor, glassware, farm items, tools and much more!
Facts & Figures about Alzheimer’s:
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
- More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or related dementia
- In 2012, 15.4 million caregivers provided more than 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care valued at $216 billion
- In 2013, the direct costs of caring for those with Alzheimer’s to the American society will total an estimated $203 billion. That number is expected to rise to $1.2 trillion by 2050
For more information about this fundraiser, please contact Julie at 260-420-5547 x 170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.