News release from the TinCaps:
Parkview Field Ranked No. 9 on List of Best Stadium Experiences
Fort Wayne’s Downtown Ballpark Lands on Cover of National Publication
(January 8, 2016) â€” The home of the TinCaps, Parkview Field, is featured on the front cover of Stadium Journey’s January 2016 issue, which includes a ranking of the Top 100 Stadium Experiences in the United States and Canada. A year after finishing No. 10 on that list, Parkview Field is up to No. 9 in the latest edition that considered NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NASCAR, and NCAA venues.
Stadium Journey’s Top 100 Stadium Experiences
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles)
- Amsoil Arena (University of Minnesota-Duluth Hockey)
- PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates)
- Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Daytona International Speedway (Daytona 500)
- Compton Family Ice Arena (University of Notre Dame Hockey)
- Carolina Stadium (University of South Carolina Baseball)
- AT&T Center (San Antonio Spurs)
- Parkview Field (Fort Wayne TinCaps)
- Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis Colts)
The ratings take into account the food and beverage served, the overall atmosphere, the surrounding neighborhood, the fans, access, the overall return on investment, and extras.
“Knowing that Stadium Journey has reviewed more than 2,300 venues all over the place, this is incredible recognition not only for the TinCaps but for our entire region,” said TinCaps President Mike Nutter. “While those of us at Parkview Field certainly appreciate the honor, we’re also motivated to work our hardest to be even better next year.”
Parkview Field does figure to be even better in 2016 with the addition of a new luxury group seating area, The Summit, presented by Tuthill.
“Many organizations may be tempted to rest on their laurels, or at the very least continue on their current path,” said Stadium Journey correspondent Paul Baker. “But there is a reason why Parkview Field has been ranked the top minor league ballpark by Stadium Journey two years in a row and four times in the last five years. They simply refuse to stand pat. The TinCaps management is always searching for new ways to improve the ballpark experience for their fans.”
While garnering numerous organizational accolades in 2015 (see below), the TinCaps also drew record-setting attendance numbers at Parkview Field in the ballpark’s seventh season. For a third consecutive year, the TinCaps drew more than 400,000 fans, including a high of 9,193 on the Fourth of July. Despite the rainiest summer in Fort Wayne’s history, the team averaged nearly 6,000 fans per game.
“Virtually every minor league team espouses an organizational philosophy to quality fan experience, community involvement, and on-field success,” Baker said. “But with no other team are these tenants more religiously followed than by the TinCaps.”
Opening Day 2016 at Parkview Field is set for Saturday, April 9, at 6:05 p.m. when the TinCaps host the Lake County Captains (Cleveland Indians). Season tickets and tickets for group outings are now on sale, while individual game tickets will go on sale in February. To find out more, visit TinCaps.com or call 260-482-6400.
2015 TinCaps Postseason Awards and Honors
- John Henry Moss Community Service Award (Minor League Baseball)
- No. 1 Minor League Baseball Ballpark Experience (Stadium Journey)
- Executive of the Year – Mike Nutter (Midwest League)
- Single-A Sports Turf Manager of the Year (Minor League Baseball/STMA)
- Best Theme Night Finalist – SNL Night (Minor League Baseball)