News release from the Downtown Improvement District:
Downtown Fort Wayne Invites You to a Festival of the Unexpected!
(June 3, 2015) – You are invited to BuskerFest on Saturday, June 27, from 4:00pm – 10:00pm – Featuring exciting street performers and a family-friendly atmosphere, this free admission event will take place at the intersection of Wayne & Calhoun Streets in beautiful Downtown Fort Wayne!
BuskerFest is a celebration of the street performer and a festival of the unexpected! Scheduled stage performances guarantee the audience a great line-up of entertainment but it is the variety of local and regional street performers that provide the energy, excitement and ingenuity that has made this festival a summer staple.
Great Downtown restaurants and food trucks will be serving during BuskerFest while JK O’Donnell’s Irish Ale House will host a beer tent along Wayne Street.
Buskers are the highlight of BuskerFest. Performers from T.A.G. Art, Peru Amateur Circus and Joy Unspeakable are scheduled throughout the evening with random and unplanned performances giving the audience a glimpse into the originality, novelty and creativity from around the region. Look for living statues, chalk artists, guitarists, aerialists, fire breathers, caricature artists, magicians, jugglers, mimes, painters, musicians, balloon artists and more. The Downtown Improvement District encourages patrons to tip buskers for their efforts.
BuskerFest Stage Schedule:
- 4:00pm – Rusty Ammerman’s Dimension of Illusion – PNC Performance Stage
- 5:00pm – G. Money & Steve – WMEE Music Stage
- 5:30pm – Fire Guy – PNC Performance Stage
- 6:00pm – Alicia Pyle Quartet – WMEE Music Stage
- 6:30pm – Fort Wayne Taiko – PNC Performance Stage
- 7:00pm – John Renz & Friends – WMEE Music Stage
- 7:30pm – Fire Guy – PNC Performance Stage
- 8:00pm – Fernando Tarango – WMEE Music Stage
- 8:30pm – Peru Amateur Circus – PNC Performance Stage
- 9:00pm – Haley Jonay – WMEE Music Stage
- 9:30pm – Pyroscope – PNC Performance Stage
Be sure to visit the Art Market at I&M Power Center Plaza for unique creations crafted by some of Fort Wayne’s finest local artists.
Anyone interested in being a street performer at BuskerFest can complete a simple Busker Web-Form posted on the Downtown Improvement District website. For festival details go to: www.DowntownFortWayne.com/BuskerFest
This unique event is brought to you by The Fort Wayne Downtown Improvement District and is held the Last Saturday of June in conjunction with Cultural District activities. Sponsors for BuskerFest include: PNC Bank, 97.3 WMEE, WFFT Local, Strahm Building Solutions, JK O’Donnell’s and The T.A.G. Art Company.