News release from the Downtown Improvement District:
Lunch on the Plaza
New Name + New Activities = More Fun!
(May 8, 2015) – The Downtown Improvement District is bringing its popular Lunch on the Plaza concert series back to Downtown Fort Wayne. Sponsored weekly concerts will take place every Thursday in June, July and August from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
The annual event series takes over the courtyard of I&M Power Center Plaza (on the corner of Wayne and Calhoun Streets) with live music for people to enjoy outside during lunch. This weekly event kicks off on Thursday, June 4th with the music of Fernando Tarango. Grab lunch to-go at one of the many great Downtown restaurants and celebrate summer with the Downtown Improvement District!
New This Year:
- New Name, Same Great Event: With the renaming of One Summit Square to I&M Power Center Plaza at the end of 2014, “Lunch on the Plaza” is a new name for the same great summertime lunch event we all know and love.
- Extended Time: This season Lunch on the Plaza will be programmed from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- My City Services: Fans of our “DID You Know” booth which showcases a different non-profit organizations each week will love “My City Services” which invites individual City of Fort Wayne departments to educate attendees on the valuable programs they offer.
- Fort Wayne’s Famer’s Market: The Downtown Improvement District is pleased to announce the return of Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market for its 2015 season! Vendors with FWFM will be setting up at I&M Power Center Plaza Thursdays in June, July and August for even more fun activity in the heart of our city. Grab lunch, enjoy great local music and browse for unique goods and gifts.
- Philly PHLyaway Contest: New LOTP sponsors Fort Wayne International Airport, 95.1 Best FM and Fun 101.7 invite you to participate in their exciting new “Philly PHLyaway” contest. Simply stop by their booths each week during Lunch on the Plaza to register for your chance to win a three night trip, including hotel and airfare, to Philadelphia for an end of summer trip you will never forget. The more weeks you register the more chances you have to win!!!
- 6/4/2014 Fernando Tarango (acoustic variety)
- 6/11/2014 Alicia Pyle Quartet (classic quartet)
- 6/18/2014 Paul Stephans (rock â€˜n’ roll)
- 6/25/2014 Pop â€˜N’ Fresh (blues & soul)
- 7/02/2014 Farmland Jazz Band (jazz)
- 7/9/2014 Susan Mae & New Yesterday (contemporary)
- 7/16/2014 Secret Mezzanine (blues/folk rock)
- 7/23/2014 Soft N Heavy (rock)
- 7/30/2014 Pinky Swear (rock)
- 8/6/2014 Todd Harrold Band (blues)
- 8/13/2014 Joe Justice (vintage rock)
- 8/20/2014 Shade Jonze (classic covers)
- 8/27/2014 Elle/The Remnant
Lunch on the Plaza is presented by the Downtown Improvement District and sponsored by: Lutheran Health Network/St. Joseph Hospital, Fort Wayne Metals, 3Rivers Federal Credit Union, Indiana Michigan Power. Chase, Midtowne Realty Inc., The Gay and Lesbian Gift Fund, Fort Wayne International Airport, 95.1 Best FM and Fun 101.7.
For more information, visit DowntownFortWayne.com.