News release from Fort4Fitness:
2013 Fort4Fitness Race Week is Here!
New records set for participation again in 2013
(September 24, 2013) – Fort4Fitness race week is here, and for the sixth consecutive year, more participants have signed up to participate in Fort4Fitness than ever before!
The Fort4Fitness Festival Expo will be held on Friday (9/27) at Parkview Field from 1 – 8 pm, and includes packet pick-up (which continues until 9 pm) and the fi nish of the Kids Marathon and Seniors Marathon, both starting at 6:30 pm. Saturday’s (9/28) races get started with the 4 Mile Run/Walk at 7:30 am, followed by the Half Marathon at 8:00 am, and the 10K starts at 9:00 am.
Fort4Fitness 2013 by the numbers:
- 10,217 – Total number of registered participants in all Fort4Fitness events in 2013
(Half Marathon – 3,020, 10K – 2,052, 4 Mile Run/Walk – 4,054, Kids Marathon – 836, Seniors Marathon – 255)
- 9,126 – Number of registered participants in Saturday races (Half Marathon, 10K, 4 Mile)
- 28 (+1) – Number of states represented (plus the District of Columbia)
- 62% Female / 38% Male
- 38 – Average age of our participants
- 2,544 (25%) – Participants who tell us Fort4Fitness 2013 is their first road race EVER!
- 4,349 (43%) – Participants who tell us 2013 is their first Fort4Fitness race
- 1,144 – Number of kids (age 14 & under) participating in one of the Fort4Fitness events (includes Kids Marathon and all Saturday races)
- 1,675 – Number of seniors (age 55 & over) participating in one of the Fort4Fitness events (includes Seniors Marathon and all Saturday races)
- 29 – Number of organizations that signed up to be official Fort4Fitness Charity Partners
- 1,953 – Number of participants registered to run for one of the official F4F Charity Partners
- 1,200 (+) – Number of volunteers coming together this week to make Fort4Fitness possible
A complete schedule of events is available for download here.
The Post-Race Party returns this year with live music at Parkview Field and concessions will be availableÂ Saturday from 8 am – 1:30 pm, so participants are encouraged to stick around after the race and celebrateÂ their accomplishment with their family and friends. Complete information on the Fort4Fitness events is also available at www.Fort4Fitness.org.