News release from INDOT:
Memorial Day Weekend Travel Planner
INDOT limits road restrictions to ensure safety and mobility
(May 22, 2013) – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announces a roadwork moratorium beginning around noon Friday, May 24, until the morning hours of Tuesday, May 28, to allow drivers a safer and more efficient holiday travel weekend.
Wherever possible, road restrictions will be removed to ease traffic flow for the influx of holiday drivers. Some closures and restrictions will remain on larger projects or projects that cannot be safely reopened to traffic for the weekend. Around the Northeast Indiana District of INDOT, those restrictions that will remain include:
- I-469 southbound is restricted to one lane between Exit 19 (US 30) and Exit 15 (Tillman Road) for concrete restoration. There is a speed limit of 60 mph in effect.
- I-69 bridge replacement at Mile 271 has northbound traffic crossing over to the southbound side, with one lane of traffic in each direction in this construction zone. There is a speed limit of 60 mph.
- SR 5 has a temporary traffic signal with single-lane traffic over the Roush Dam.
- SR 5 in Ligonier is closed for utility work.
- I-69 is restricted to one 12-foot lane in each direction between Exit 348 (US 20) and Exit 354 (SR 127, Pokagon State Park) for asphalt resurfacing. There is a speed limit of 60 mph in effect in the work zone.
- SR 1 is closed between CR 900S and CR 850S for bridge replacement.
The public can stay informed about any road restrictions or traffic tie-ups throughout the holiday weekend by liking the INDOT West Central Indiana Facebook page Facebook.com/INDOTNortheast or follow us on Twitter Twitter.com/INDOTNortheast. You can find traffic restriction information at www.trafficwise.IN.gov. Contact the INDOT Fort Wayne District toll free at 1-866-227-3555.