News release from The Chamber:
Chamber announces winners of annual business awards
(November 15, 2011) – Great contributions and innovations by local business leaders were honored by The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce with its 2011 awards.
Here are the winners:
- Small Business of the Year: Design Collaborative.
- Large Business of the Year: Frontier Communications.
- CEO of the Year: Joe Dorko of Lutheran Health Network.
The winners of the awards were announced at The Chamber’s Annual Meeting, which took place Tuesday, November 15, at The Women’s Club Ballroom at The Chamber building on Ewing Street. The awards were presented to the winners by Gov. Mitch Daniels, the keynote speaker at the event.
Here are the prerequisites for the awards:
- Small Business of the Year: Presented to a Fort Wayne Chamber member business which has been in operation for at least five years and has fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees. This company will have contributed to the community, has a reputation for integrity and fair business practice and has examples of product or management innovation and successful problem-solving.
- Large Business of the Year: Same qualifications as above, with the business having 50 or more full-time equivalent employees.
- CEO of the Year: Presented to the CEO of a Fort Wayne Chamber member who has made unique contributions not only to their business and employees, but to the Fort Wayne community as a whole.
About The Chamber
The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving its membership of more than 1,700 Northeast Indiana businesses. The Chamber serves as a catalyst for economic growth in Northeast Indiana by providing relevant business resources for our members and facilitating strategic connections across business, education, and government. As the recognized voice of commerce in our region, we leverage our influence to advocate a pro-business agenda at the local, state and federal levels while serving as a government watchdog to keep our members informed of policy changes that will impact their businesses. By working in partnership with regional stakeholders, we will align the development efforts of our community to drive progress and promote economic vitality for Northeast Indiana.