News release from Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation:
New Start Location For August 30th Trek the Trails
Towpath Ride to Begin at Rockhill Park
(August 26, 2011) – The Trek the Trails Ride on Tuesday August 30th will have a new start location due to a construction delay.
Next Tuesday’s ride will start at Rockhill Park located on Catalpa Street near the intersection of West Jefferson Boulevard and Freeman Street. The 8 mile ride begins at 6pm and will follow the Towpath Trail to the new boardwalk near Engle Road.
The change was necessary due to a construction delay on a new section of the trail west of Engle Road.
The popular Free Trek the Trails bike rides take place each Tuesday and are guided tours allowing residents to explore and learn about Fort Wayne’s trail network.
The rides offer perspective that’s off the beaten path. Helmets are a requirement for participants. If there is unsafe weather, such as lightning, the ride or walk will be cancelled.
Here is a list of the remaining rides for this season:
1. August 30, 2011 – Towpath Trail – Meet at Rockhill Park trailhead on Catalpa Street. Ride is 8 miles.
2. September 6, 2011 – Rivergreenway – Meet at Moser Park in New Haven in the parking lot by the baseball field. Ride is 8 miles.
3. September 13, 2011 – Rivergreenway – Meet at Swinney Park West in the swimming pool parking lot. Ride is 8 miles.
4. September 20, 2011 – Towpath Trail – Meet at the new trailhead parking lot at Statesman’s Way and Engle Rd. Ride is 9 miles.
5. September 27, 2011 – Rivergreenway – Meet at the Lawton Park Trailhead gravel parking lot near the skate park on 4th St. Ride is 8 miles.