Press release from Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation:
McMillen Pool Closed Tuesday and Thursday Evening
Due to reduced staff, McMillen Pool will be closed during the evening swim session Tuesday and Thursday, 6:30 – 8 pm. The pool will be open during daytime hours this week 1:30 – 6 pm. McMillen Pool will close for the season at 6 pm on Saturday, August 21.
All of the City’s free splash pads are open. Splash pad hours are 9 am – 9 pm daily.
Splash pads are located at the following parks:
- Buckner Park – 6114 Bass Road
- McCormick Park -Â 2300 Raymond & Holly
- Memorial Park – 2301 Maumee & Glasgow
- Robert E. Meyers Park -Â Inside North Gate of ParkviewÂ Field on Jefferson Blvd.
- Shoaff Park -Â 6401 St. Joe Rd.
- Waynedale Park -Â 2900 Koons & Elzey
Splash pads are touch activated. To turn the water on, look for a short pole (approx. 3 ft. tall) with a plastic dome top located within the play area. Place your hands on the dome for a few seconds. The water will appear shortly and run for several minutes. When the water stops, repeat the procedure. The splash pad at Robert E. Meyers Park is foot activated. Look for the touch pad on the ground at the east side of the splash pad.
For more information, log on to.