Press release from Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation:
Botanical Roots Starts Tomorrow!
Botanical Roots, the eclectic downtown concert series featuring music from a wide diversity of regional heritages, and cultural backgrounds begins again this Friday.
The Botanical Conservatory invites the community to grab a lawn chair, settle in, and enjoy music that’s fun and funky, creative, and upbeat. Bands are selected from regional and national touring acts with an emphasis on uniqueness, quality, and representation of a specific musical style.
Shows are Friday nights through September 3. Local bands will warm up the scene; food and beverage is available and youth ages 12 and under are admitted free with a parent or guardian. Admission is $6 at the gate. Gates open at 7:30 p.m.; shows start at 8:30 and the events take place outdoors, rain or shine. The Conservatory is located in downtown Fort Wayne at 1100 S. Calhoun Street.
The line up for the season includes:
- July 30 – Jus Marley — a reggae band playing tribute to superstars Bob Marley and the Wailers.
- August 6 – Eddie Shaw and the Wolf Gang — a living legend schooled in the blues by the greats like Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Ike Turner.
- August 13 – Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks — rock and roll, blues and country; Wilder mixes it all together to present his version of concert, satire, and rockin’ good time.
- August 20 – The Kilborn Alley Blues — who knew that someone so young could sing so blue? It’s a different take on that classic soul scratchin’ sound of blues.
- August 28 – John Primer — enjoy old school blues with a smoky sound rooted in the Windy City tradition.
- September 3 – BeauSoleil will heat up the stage with a Cajun flavor and bayou beat – dancing shoes should be required for this performance.
Sponsors for the event are Fort Wayne Metals Research, The Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department, Rock 104, Fox Fort Wayne, and Media 401. Program supporters include the Downtown Improvement District, Whatzup, Mad Anthony Brewing Company, and the Downtown Hilton.
For more information phone 260/427-6446 or go toor on Facebook at Botanical Roots or .