Press release from Parkview Health:
Parkview to host Medicare education class
(April 22, 2010) Parkview Health will host an upcoming meeting aimed at helping people gain a better understanding about Medicare.
“I Am Turning 65â€¦Now What Do I Do? An Introduction to Medicare”
*9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, Apr. 29
The session is free and will be held at the Parkview Corporate Office Auditorium, 10501 Corporate Drive on the Parkview North Campus.
Fred Taube, Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIP) counselor, will lead the class. SHIP volunteers are trained to help Medicare recipients and their caregivers make their own best decisions for their medical care.
Common questions that will be answered include:
- How do I sign up for Medicare?
- What does Medicare pay for?
- How much will it cost me?
- What are my decisions and what are my options?
- What if I want to continue to work?
- Where can I get more information and help if I need it?
For reservations, call (260) 373-7209.