Press release from the City of Fort Wayne, dated March 25th:
Solid Waste Contract Committee to Meet Monday
Meeting open to public, broadcast on City TV
The City’s Solid Waste Contract Committee will meet at 6 p.m. Monday March 29, 2010 in Council Chambers, Room 126 of the City-County Building.
The meeting is open to the public. City TV will also broadcast the meeting on Comcast Channel 58 and Verizon Channel 28. Video from the session will also be available on the City’s website next week.
The committee is composed of Neighborhood Area Partnership leaders, members of City Council and representatives from the Public Works Department. The ad-hoc committee was formed earlier this year to review current collection programs and provide direction for the upcoming waste contracts. The group will remain in place to assist in preparing the bid document, reviewing prospective bids and finally, recommendations to the Board of Works and the City Council.
The members are:
- Adrienne Mauer – Southwest Neighborhood Partnership Chair
- Bill Crowley – Southeast Neighborhood Partnership Chair
- David Kohli – Northeast Neighborhood Partnership Chair
- Rod Vargo – Northwest Neighborhood Partnership Co-Chair
- Liz Brown -City Council Member – At-large
- Karen Goldner – City Council Member – 2nd District
- Glynn Hines – City Council Member – 6th District
- Bob Kennedy – Director of Public Works
- Matt Gratz – Solid Waste Program Manager