Parks and Recreation press release:
Active Aging Week
September 21st – 27th at the Community Center
In celebration of Active Aging Week, the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department Community Center will offer daily opportunities for people age 50+ to participate in fun, low-cost activities. Call the Community Center at 427-6460 to reserve your spot.
Scheduled activities for the week are:
Monday, September 21st
- Wii Bowling Tournament, 10 am, $1 per person. Sponsored by Home Instead Senior Care.
Tuesday, September 22nd
- Fitness classes & Assessments, 9,10 & 11 am, $1 per person, Cholesterol & Diabetic Screenings, Free
- Corn Hole Tournament, 1 pm, $1 per person
Wednesday, September 23rd
- Ping Pong, 8:30 – 11:30 am, $1 per person
- Get Acquainted Open House, 10 am
Thursday, September 24th
- Fitness Class Session Begins with Assessments, 9, 10 & 11 am, $1 per person per class
- Walking Tour/Downtown Fort Wayne,10 am, $2 per person
Friday, September 25th
- Left-Right-Center Tournament, 10 am, $1 per person
Active Aging Week is the annual health promotion event organized by International Council on Active Aging and promotes the benefits of a healthy lifestyle by giving older adults the opportunity to experience activities and exercise in a safe, friendly and fun atmosphere.