Press release from the City:
Mayor encourages citizens to support City’s bid for Civic Hall of Fame
Many upcoming events offer citizens the chance to show their support.
Mayor Tom Henry is encouraging citizens to participate in “All-America” City events taking place May 14th to June 12th to help send a delegation of volunteers to Tampa, Florida to compete for the 2009 All-America City Award bestowed by the National Civic League.
“This is a great time to market our city to potential businesses and show the tremendous amount of civic pride we have in our community. There is no better time than the present to highlight all the assets our city has to offer,” said Mayor Henry. “We have made it this far and now its full-steam ahead to bring home the 2009 All America City Award!”
In order to earn this prestigious designation, support is needed from citizens to support the delegation with travel scholarships and other costs associated with the travel. Numerous events have been scheduled at local restaurants and retailers holding “All-America” City events where a certain portion of their proceeds will go towards the fund. The Mayor’s office and the Fort Wayne TinCaps have partnered to hold an All America City – TinCaps Game Day on May 31st which will include a silent auction and post game free concert.
The following is a list of events taking place soon:
- May 14th From 5 to 8pm; Chick-fil-A Jefferson Pointe 1725 Apple Glen Blvd. will donate 15% of sales.
- May 19th All day; Famous Fish of Stroh Georgetown Square 6736 E. State Street will donate 10% of all purchases (except alcohol).
- May 26th All day Famous Fish of Stroh Pine Valley Shopping Center 10230 Coldwater Road will donate 10% of all purchases (except alcohol).
- May 29th From 10am to 1am; Crazy Pinz 1414 Northland Blvd. will donate 20% of all purchases.
- May 31st All America City – TinCaps Game Day at Parkview Field. Gates open at 1:30pm and a $1 from each ticket will go towards All America City fund with the mention of All America City. Silent Auction consisting of travel packages, fine dining certificates and much more will take place in the Lincoln Event Center (connected to the parking garage). FREE! Post game concert provided by Midwest Sound and Production and local band Teays Vein.
- June 8th From 6:30pm – 9pm; Roller Dome North 444 West Coliseum Blvd. will donate 100% of admission ($3.50 admission includes skates).
For more information on upcoming events and the “All-America” City Award please visit the City’s website.