From an email from the City of Fort Wayne:
Wednesday, July 16th is being declared an Air Quality Action Day for Ozone for Fort Wayne. Expect air quality to be in the unhealthy range for sensitive groups. It is recommended that citizens with sensitive respiratory systems limit their activities outdoors.
Six actions you can do to help improve air quality are:
- Refuel your vehicle after 7pm
- Avoid idling and drive-thru’s
- Use public transit or carpool
- Maintain proper air pressure in tires
- Conserve electricity by turning off computers when not in use
- Avoid open burning and use of wood burning fireplaces for non-heating use
Citilink bus service is free on Ozone Air Quality Action Days.