The Freimann Family Thursday series continues tomorrow night, June 12, 2008 in downtown Freimann Square.
- AÂ Moonwalk!
- A Guitar Hero Tournament with prizes every night and the ultimate prize of a Wii
- A “Name That Tune” contest by WAJI Majic 95.1
- Tumble X’s “TX Allstars” will be showing off their tumbling moves and teaching some basic techniques to event attendees
- Food provided by Hall’s
- Higher Grounds will be providing frozen drinks and smoothies
- Atz will be providing ice cream at all three events
- The Fort Wayne Museum of Art will be participating with unique art activities
- Other participants: TAG Art, It’s Playtime, FW Parks & Recreation, Trinity English Lutheran Church Youth Group, St. Joe Health Corner, WAJI Majic 95.1
Band – Final Say:
Everybody loves cover bands. And we just didn’t get a cover band, we got the best cover band in the country to perform in Downtown Fort Wayne. Performing some of the greatest hits of the last 30 years, FINAL SAY will knock your socks off and will be a memorable backdrop to a great family night out!
If you’re a Guitar Hero fanatic, then you know that the game is all about bragging rights. There’s nothing more satisfying than crushing your best friend to the loud crunching of the reinvented version of Charlie Daniels’ classic song “The Devil Went Down To Georgia.”
Now it’s time to take your talent to the streets and show all of Fort Wayne who’s the best. Each week at Freimann Family Thursdays (FFT) the Downtown Improvement District along with your friends at McVan’s will be hosting a Guitar Hero tournament. Each week, 64 contestants will be chosen to compete against each other for prizes. On the last week of FFT, the three remaining contestants will compete in an ultimate showdown to win a Wii.
The Guitar Hero tournament registration begins at 5:30 p.m. That’s a whole half-hour before the event officially begins, so get there early.
Freimann Square is located on the corner of Clinton and Main Streets in Downtown Fort Wayne. Freimann Family Thursdays is made possible with the help of Comcast, WAJI Majic 95.1, Fort Wayne Metals and Saint Joseph Hospital.