The Freimann Family Thursday series kicks off tomorrow night, June 5, 2008 in downtown Freimann Square.Â From an email sent by the Downtown Improvement District:
Are you finding trips to the lake becoming harder to justify at $4.20 per gallon? Finding it more difficult to go out to eat with escalating food prices? Tired of the average movie experience for a family costing well beyond $50? Wouldn’t it be great if there was just one thing that was FUN AND FREE?
Please welcome the return of Fort Wayne’s favorite FREE family activity, Freimann Family Thursdays presented by Comcast!
With the weather in check and our 2nd Annual Balloon Release ready for opening night on Thursday, June 5th at 6:00 p.m., this is one event you won’t want to miss!
- Live Reggae music by The Ark Band
- A massive balloon release
- A Moonwalk!
- A Guitar Hero Tournament with prizes every night and the ultimate prize of a Wii
- A “Name That Tune” contest by WAJI Majic 95.1
- Tumble X’s “TX Allstars” will be showing off their tumbling moves and teaching some basic techniques to event attendees
- Food provided by Park Place, Higher Grounds will be doing frozen drinks and smoothies
- Atz will be providing ice cream at all three events
- The Fort Wayne Museum of Art will be participating with unique art activities
- The Fort Wayne Zoo is coming with giant African millipedes
- Other participants: TAG Art, It’s Playtime, FW Parks & Recreation, Trinity English Lutheran Church Youth Group, St. Joe Health Corner, WAJI Majic 95.1
Confirmed musical acts for future Freimann Family Thursdays include:
- June 12 – Final Say (Contemporary Hits)
- June 26 – Robbie Fulks (Alternative Country)
Freimann Square is located on the corner of Clinton and Main Streets in Downtown Fort Wayne. Freimann Family Thursdays is made possible with the help of Comcast, WAJI Majic 95.1, Fort Wayne Metals and Saint Joseph Hospital.