The IDOH announced today that COVID-19 vaccines for children ages 6 months up to age 5 are now available at some Indiana providers, expanding the population eligible to be protected against the disease.
News release from the Indiana State Department of Health:
COVID-19 vaccines available for children under 5
Indianapolis, Indiana (June 21, 2022) — The Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) announced today that COVID-19 vaccines for children ages 6 months up to age 5 are now available at some Indiana providers, expanding the population eligible to be protected against the disease. Shipments will continue to arrive at participating locations this week.
IDOH has updated its map at https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ to show sites that have indicated they will offer the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines for this age group. Both vaccines received authorization from the FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week. Initial sites will include private healthcare providers, local health departments and some hospitals and pharmacies.
Vaccines are currently available on a walk-in basis at most locations, or parents can contact their child’s healthcare provider to schedule an appointment if the provider is offering the vaccine. Due to staggered vaccine delivery dates, parents are encouraged to contact the provider before arriving to ensure the age-appropriate dose is available. IDOH is working to update its online registration system so that appointments for this age group can be made via https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ as soon as possible.
Visit the Indiana Department of Health at https://www.in.gov/health/ for important health and safety information or follow us on Twitter at @StateHealthIN and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Crush COVID: Information for the use of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of COVID-19
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- COVID-19 Vaccine Waiting Room
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- v-safe after-vaccination health checker
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News