Fort Wayne, Indiana (September 23, 2021) – The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a reported fire in the Dollar General at 3201 St. Joe Center Road on September 23, 2021, at 12:40 pm.
The first firefighters to arrive reported smoke coming from the interior of the building. Crews entered the building to extinguish the fire and search for any people that may have been trapped. The fire was brought under control in minutes due to the working sprinkler system which kept the fire small and contained to the area of origin which made fighting the fire easier.
Firefighters searched the building and found no one trapped inside. All employees and guests of the store were able to self-evacuate with no injuries reported. However, one firefighter suffered minor injuries and was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.
The Fire Department was assisted by the Fort Wayne Police Department, Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, City of Fort Wayne Neighborhood Code Enforcement, the Allen County Department of Health, Allen County Building Department, Fort Wayne City Utilities, NIPSCO, and Indiana Michigan Power.
This post is based on a news release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department.