The Fort Wayne City Council meets this evening at 5:30 pm in Committee and Regular Sessions at Citizens Square.
The meeting is open to public attendance. The agenda can be downloaded here.
During the Regular Session, look for a motion to reconsider the final vote on the “No Vaccine Passport” Resolution. Read more here.
There are several public hearings on the agenda:
An ordinance appropriating monies into certain accounts for the 2021 budgets of various funds and departments of the City of Fort Wayne, reducing the unappropriated and unobligated balance of the particular fund involved as required to meet obligations for the remainder of 2021.
An Ordinance amending the Thoroughfare Plan of the City Comprehensive (“Master”) Plan by vacating public right-of-way – To vacate the fourteen-foot wide east-west alley located between Lots 230 and 231 and 194 and 195 in the Lewis Addition, as amended.
An Ordinance for the purpose of Vacating a platted easement – To vacate the fifty-foot wide easement located on Lots 5 and 6 of Brames South Side Acres.
An Ordinance amending the Thoroughfare Plan of the City Comprehensive (“Master”) Plan by vacating public right-of-way – To vacate the fourteen-foot wide alley located between Lots 148 and 151 and 149 and 150 of Harvester Park Addition, east of 3805 East Pontiac.
Of possible interest:
Franke Park Renaissance, Phase 1
Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation is embarking on phase one of updates to Franke Park. This is a request for approval of a contract with Design Collaborative for design plans for the project. The included components of phase 1 include:
- New entrance into Franke Park from Goshen Avenue
- New multi-use rentable pavilion
- Connection from new Goshen Avenue entry to the existing vehicular and pedestrian circulation system
- Removal of all maintenance facilities impacted by proposed new construction
An Ordinance approving the awarding of RFP #73591910 – Contract for Franke Park Renaissance – Phase One – by the City of Fort Wayne, Indiana, by and through its Department of Purchasing and Design Collaborative for the Parks and Recreation Department and Board of Park Commissioners – Involving a total cost of $996,000.00.
Tax phase-in for the new Amazon facility to be constructed at Flaugh Road and US 30 West:
This was known earlier as Project Mastodon.
- This is a ten-year tax phase-in for Personal Property Improvements which totals $111,500,000.
- 947 full-time permanent associate jobs for a total payroll of $31,200,000. There will be an additional 53 jobs at average wages of $27.77 per hour for $57,761 for a total of 430,058,961 which does not include yet to be determined part time jobs.
- The estimated project cost – $100,000.
- The project scored 74 out of 100 points making it a ten-year tax phase-in.
- Total tax saved – $7,343,678
- Total tax paid – $5,982,958
- Equipment which will be installed: Inventory storage, racking, package transport, and packaging systems. This facility will also utilize Amazon Robotics technology/equipment to support associates with picking, packaging, and stowing items in the fulfillment center.
- The equipment will be purchased in February 2022, and installed March 2023.
A Declaratory Resolution designating an “Economic Revitalization Area” under I.C. 6-1.1-12.1 for property commonly known as 5510 Flaugh Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46818 – Amazon.com Services, LLC.
This is to be Introduced, Discussed and Voted for Passage this evening.
Appropriation of ARPA funds:
An Ordinance appropriating monies into certain accounts for the 2021 Budgets of various funds and departments of the City of Fort Wayne, reducing the unappropriated and unobligated balance of the particular fund involved as required to meet obligations for the remainder of 2021.
- News release from a news conference announcing the ordinance on June 17, 2021.
- A Statement issued by the Mayor’s office on July 13, 2021, at 2:43 pm.
Updates to penalties for ordinance violations:
These two ordinances are related in that the first sets the dollar amounts for the violations. The second updates the violations in the City Code to allow for the issuance of citations and collection of penalties. According to a memo included from Malak Heiny with the City Law Department:
The revisions to Chapter 74 address community and council concerns regarding the use of motorized scooters in the City of Fort Wayne. The Fort Wayne Police Department encountered several issues with enforcement with the current ordinance and had no mechanism to issue citations. After researching several other jurisdictions in the State, we developed a more comprehensive and transparent approach to regulating motorized scooter use. Additionally, the City has created a penalty schedule for scooter violations; a $50 dollar fine paid at the [City] Clerk’s office. This eliminates the individual from appearing in court, court costs, and be subject to the court’s determination of fines.
An Ordinance amending Chapter 39: Ordinance Violations Bureau: Section 39.3 Schedule of Penalties of the City of Fort Wayne, Indiana Code of Ordinances.
An Ordinance Amending Chapter 74: Bicycles; Toy Vehicles of the City of Fort Wayne Code of Ordinances.
Compliant/Non-Compliant Tax Phase-Ins:
The next two are also related. The first is a resolution listing all of the companies in compliance with the requirements of their Tax Phase-Ins.
A Resolution approving Compliance with Statement of Benefits (CF-1) form filings for 2021 for properties with approved “Economic Revitalization Areas” under I.C. 6-1.1-12.1.
The second is a resolution listing non-compliance with their tax phase-ins. These include:
- Cyco Properties/Red Sea LLC – this abatement was approved in 2012. They did not file their reports. The property is at 6201 Discount Drive.
- Pyromation, Inc. – They have two tax phase-ins approved in 2011 and 2014. They have filed their paperwork but did not hit the targets listed in the original approval. The property is at 5211 Industrial Road.
- Rogers Markets – This tax phase-in was filed in 2018. The property is at 3850 Concept Court.
A Resolution Concerning Non-Compliance for failure to file and/or failure to file in a timely manner form filings for 2021 for properties with approved “Economic Revitalization Areas” under I.C. 6-1.1-12.1.
Strataflo Products Tax Phase-In:
A Declaratory Resolution designating an “Economic Revitalization Area” under I.C. 6-1.1-12.1 for property commonly known as 2010 Lakeview Drive, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46808 – Strataflo Products, Inc/HWC Holdings, LLC.
This is to be Introduced, Discussed and Voted for Passage this evening