Parkview Health is moving its COVID-19 vaccine clinic from the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation to a nearby location.
Parkview Health moving COVID-19 vaccine clinic
New location opens July 1, 2021
Fort Wayne, Indiana (June 24, 2021) – Parkview Health is moving its COVID-19 vaccine clinic from the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation to a nearby location.
The Parkview Mirro Center clinic will continue operations through June 28. The new clinic opens July 1 at 3718 New Vision Drive, Building C, on the Parkview Regional Medical Center campus.
“We are extremely proud of all that our vaccine clinic team has accomplished at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation, providing more than 130,000 shots since we opened the clinic on Dec. 14. It took world-class teamwork, innovation and dedication to run the clinic, which at one point gave an average of 1,200 shots per day,” said Michelle Charles, vice president, nursing informatics, Parkview Health. “As vaccination rates slow, we are moving to a location that will better fit our needs. We’re also partnering with organizations throughout the area to provide pop-up clinics, creating greater access to vaccines and protecting more people in our community.”
Clinic hours are subject to change based on demand; any updates will be posted at https://www.parkview.com/patients-visitors/covid-19-vaccine. At this time, the schedule for the New Vision clinic is as follows:
July 2021 holiday schedule:
- Thursday, July 1, 3-7 p.m.
- July 2-5, closed
- Tuesday, July 6, 3-7 p.m.
- July 7-8, closed
- Friday, July 9, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday, July 10, 8 a.m.-noon
Scheduled hours effective July 12, 2021:
- Mondays, 3-7 p.m.
- Fridays, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturdays, 8 a.m.-noon
Appointments are encouraged and can be made at https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or by calling 2-1-1. Walk-in appointments are available during clinic hours and are subject to availability.
The New Vision clinic will offer the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved for individuals age 12 and older. For more information about Parkview’s clinic, or to find answers to frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines, visit https://www.parkview.com/patients-visitors/covid-19-vaccine.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources:
- Take the Winning Shot information sheet
- Take the Shot FAQ sheet from the Allen County Department of Health
- Home Care Isolation Guidances
- COVID-19 Employee Illness Recomendations
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Gov. Holcomb Statement on Pandemic-Related Unemployment Insurance Programs
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Fort Wayne Community Schools information about student COVID-19 vaccine requirements
- Janssen Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
- Recipients of the COVID-19 vaccines should sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
- Latest news from Google News