COVID-19 update and COVID-19 vaccine updates from the Indiana State Department of Health:
April 3, 2021: ISDH updates COVID-19 case counts
Indianapolis, Indiana (April 3, 2021) — The Indiana Department of Health announced today that 1,159 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at state and private laboratories. That brings to 689,965 the number of Indiana residents now known to have had the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s dashboard.
To date, 12,667 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of five from the previous day. Another 407 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record.
A total of 3,272,565 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 3,267,629 on Friday. A total of 9,008,225 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26, 2020.
To find testing locations around the state, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov and click on the COVID-19 testing information link.
COVID-19 vaccinations update:
As of today, a total of 2,973,749 doses have been administered in Indiana. This includes 1,750,664 first doses and 1,223,085 individuals who are fully vaccinated. The fully vaccinated number represents individuals who have received a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and those who received the single Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Hoosiers age 16 and older are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
To schedule a vaccine, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 2-1-1 if you do not have access to a computer or require assistance.
Additional locations and appointments are being added as more vaccine becomes available.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News