News release from the Indiana State Department of Health announcing over 1 million Hoosiers now fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
More than 1 million Hoosiers now full vaccinated against COVID-19
Indianapolis, Indiana (March 25, 2021) — More than 1 million Hoosiers are now fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the Indiana Department of Health announced today.
A total of 2,548,924 doses have been administered in Indiana since late December. This includes 1,530,403 first doses and 1,018,521 individuals who have received a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or the single Johnson & Johnson vaccine and are fully vaccinated as a result.
“Hitting the 1 million mark is an exciting milestone as we look to put this pandemic in our rear-view mirror,” said State Health Commissioner Kris Box, M.D., FACOG. “As we prepare to open vaccine eligibility to people age 16 and older next Wednesday, I encourage every eligible Hoosier to sign up for a vaccine as soon as possible so that they can protect themselves and those they love.”
Hoosiers age 40 and older, along with healthcare workers, long-term care residents, first responders who are regularly called to the scene of an emergency to render medical assistance, and educators and school support staff through grade 12 are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
To schedule a vaccine, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 211 if you do not have access to a computer or require assistance.
Additional locations and appointments are being added as more vaccine becomes available.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News