Update on the COVID-19 vaccinations being given at the clinic at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which ended yesterday.
Indiana State Department of Health totals for the Mass COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at the Indiana Motor Speedway
Indianapolis, Indiana (March 9, 2021) — The Indiana Department of Health announced Tuesday that 16,511 people received a free COVID-19 vaccine during a four-day clinic at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, including 4,090 who were vaccinated on Monday.
As of Tuesday, 1,154,141 first doses of vaccine have been administered in Indiana, and 724,587 individuals are fully vaccinated.
Additional vaccination clinics are planned March 12-13 at Ivy Tech Community College in Sellersburg and March 26-27 at the University of Notre Dame. Both the Ivy Tech and Notre Dame sites are fully booked.
A clinic also is being planned in Gary the weekend of March 20. Details will be announced later this week.
Appointments for these clinics must be scheduled in advance, and individuals must show proof of residency and eligibility upon arrival. Hoosiers age 50 and older, along with healthcare workers, long-term care residents and first responders who are regularly called to the scene of an emergency to render medical assistance, are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
To schedule, visit https://ourshot.in.gov, or call 2-1-1 if you do not have access to a computer or require assistance.
To find testing sites around the state, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov and click on the COVID-19 testing information link.
COVID-19 Web resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 guidance: