Indiana State Department of Health update on 8,200 Hoosiers receiving the COVID-19 vaccine at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Saturday.
Nearly 4100 received COVID-19 vaccine at IMS
Indianapolis, Indiana (March 7, 2021) — Nearly 8,200 Hoosiers received a free COVID-19 vaccine at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Friday, the first day of a four-day mass vaccination clinic. The clinic continues today through Monday. All appointments are booked.
As of Sunday, 1,127,721 first doses of vaccine have been administered in Indiana, and 696,457 individuals are fully vaccinated.
Additional mass vaccination clinics are planned March 12-13 at Ivy Tech Community College in Sellersburg and March 26-27 at the University of Notre Dame. A clinic also is being planned in Gary the weekend of March 20. Details will be announced when they are finalized.
Appointments for these clinics must be scheduled in advance, and individuals must show proof of residency and eligibility upon arrival. Hoosiers age 50 and older, along with healthcare workers, long-term care residents and first responders who are regularly called to the scene of an emergency to render medical assistance, are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. To schedule, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 211 if you do not have access to a computer or require assistance.
To find testing sites around the state, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ and click on the COVID-19 testing information link.
COVID-19 Web resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 guidance: