COVID-19 update and COVID-19 vaccine updates from the Indiana State Department of Health:
March 5, 2021: ISDH updates COVID-19 case counts
Indianapolis, Indiana (March 5, 2021) — The Indiana Department of Health announced today that 879 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at state and private laboratories. That brings to 665,285 the number of Indiana residents now known to have had the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s dashboard.
A total of 12,263 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of 32 from the previous day. Another 432 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record.
To date, 3,138,643 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 3,133,323 on Wednesday. A total of 8,171,222 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26, 2020.
To find testing locations around the state, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov and click on the COVID-19 testing information link.
COVID-19 vaccinations update:
As of today, 1,088,419 first doses of vaccine have been administered in Indiana, and 657,741 individuals are fully vaccinated.
Hoosiers age 70 and older, along with healthcare workers, long-term care residents and first responders, are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. To schedule, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/ or call 2-1-1.
Additional locations and appointments are being added as more vaccine becomes available.
COVID-19 Web resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- City of Fort Wayne’s Rent and Utility Assistance Program – City’s new release
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 guidance: