FWFD: House fire on Hovelewood Drive

house fire

Fort Wayne Fire Department news release regarding a house fire on Hovelewood Drive:

House fire on Hovelewood Drive

Fort Wayne, Indiana (January 30, 2021) – Today, the Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a reported house fire in the 2400 block of Hovelewood Drive at 5:36 pm. The first engine arrived and found some smoke coming from the front door. Two occupants, 1 child and one adult self-evacuated however there was a report of a possible adult still inside. A pet had also left with occupants. Crews entered and found a fire in the kitchen while two other crews conducted a primary search of the residence. The fire was extinguished quickly and a thorough search revealed no one else inside.

There were working smoke detectors. The fire was deemed to be an accidental cooking fire originating from the stove.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department was assisted by Three Rivers Ambulance Authority medics who transported the child and adult, who had very minor injuries, to the hospital. City of Fort Wayne Neighborhood Code Enforcement, the Fort Wayne Police Department, Indiana Michigan Power, and NIPSCO also assisted.

Based on a news release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department.

More Fort Wayne Fire Department reports.

Fort Wayne Fire Department website.



Related Images:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here