Fort Wayne Fire Department news release on an apartment fire on Hobson Road in Fort Wayne, Indiana:
Apartment fire on Hobson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana (January 22, 2021) – Tonight, the Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a reported Structure Fire in the 1900 block of Hobson Road at 8:11 pm.
The first arriving engine found smoke coming from a large multi-residential apartment. Units made entry and located a fire in the kitchen of a second-floor apartment. At the same time, other units were ensuring all other occupants were out of the building. The fire was under control in 12 minutes however eliminating smoke from the structure took an additional half-hour.
Firefighters located two cats and removed them from the apartment.
The fire was determined to be accidental and caused by cooking.
There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department was assisted on the scene by the Fort Wayne Police Department, Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, the City of Fort Wayne Neighborhood Code Enforcement, and Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control. The American Red Cross of Northeast Indiana is assisting the occupants.
Based on a news release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department.