Fort Wayne Fire Department news release regarding a house fire on Saratoga Road in Fort Wayne, Indiana:
House fire on Saratoga Road
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA (January 10, 2021) – The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a reported house fire at 11:31 am in the 9700 block of Saratoga Road in Fort Wayne, Indiana. A resident lighting a candle accidentally started the fire.
The FWFD responded in four minutes to find fire and smoke coming from the home. All occupants had escaped by the time the first engine pulled up. Crews rapidly advanced to extinguish the fire and confirm all residents were safely out. They then searched for and found the family’s pets – 1 dog, 2 rabbits, 2 birds – all deceased. Two adults and one child made it out safely on their own.
The fire was under control 11 minutes after units arrived.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department was assisted by the Fort Wayne Police Department, Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, Northeastern REMC, NIPSCO, and City of Fort Wayne Neighborhood Code Enforcement.
Based on a news release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department.