Indiana State Department of Health news release:
January 1, 2021: ISDH updates COVID-19 case counts
INDIANA INDIANAPOLIS (January 1, 2021) — The Indiana Department of Health today announced that 6,407 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at state and private laboratories. That brings to 517,773 the number of Indiana residents now known to have had the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s dashboard.
A total of 8,016 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of 106 from the previous day. Another 355 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by the state and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 2,649,964 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 2,636,695 on Thursday. A total of 5,730,043 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since February 26, 2020.
To find testing locations around the state, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov and click on the COVID-19 testing information link.
- Allen County Department of Health information and stats
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News
- Latest local and state news
Allen County Department of Health guidance: