Fort Wayne Police Department news release:
Location: Courthouse Park
Time: afternoon into early evening
- Natalie Lackey F/W DOB 6-27-2001
- Jorge Oliva M/H DOB 3-27-94 Obstruction of Traffic, Resisting LE
- Demetrius Griffin M/B DOB 1-14-2000 Criminal Mischief, Obstruction of Traffic
- Thomas Manning M/B DOB 12-27-2000 Criminal Mischief, Disorderly Conduct
- Courtenay Willis M/B DOB 9-27-1998 Obstruction of Traffic X’s 2, Criminal Mischief, Resisting LE
All subjects have Rioting and Disorderly Conduction charges in addition to what is listed above.
The Fort Wayne Police Department has been working over the last few weeks to identify several people who have been intent on interfering with peaceful protests. Through intimidation, inciting and vandalism several people have hijacked what have otherwise been peaceful protests. Meaningful dialogue has arisen since the start of these protests between citizens and officers. We look forward to it continuing.
Today, officers arrested five of the many people we have been observing for their involvement in Courthouse Park criminal activity. Today, Thomas Manning showed up at Courthouse Park and began hitting things with a bat he brought to the protest. Citizens at the protest were concerned enough to call 911 for help. Officers did find and arrest Manning for disorderly conduct as well as other charges stemming from prior incidents.
The other subjects listed were arrested at Courthouse Park for their involvement in criminal activity during the protests. We will continue to investigate others, since the beginning of these protests, for their part in criminal activity.