News release from the Governor’s Office:
Gov. Holcomb Signs Executive Order To Expedite Appeals of Unemployment Insurance Claims
INDIANAPOLIS (April 23, 2020) — Governor Eric J. Holcomb today signed an executive order to speed up the review of unemployment insurance claim appeals during the fight against COVID-19.
Executive Order 20-23 allows the Department of Workforce Development to hire additional staff to review the appeals.
The executive order also waives paperwork requirements to help businesses apply for federal assistance under programs such as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL), and temporarily waives requirements for documents connected to certain alcohol permits.
Additionally, the executive order extends the business personal property tax deadlines to June 15, 2020.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News